Who We Are
inthinc is a global telematics solutions provider offering solutions focused on driver safety, efficiency and compliance. Since inception in 1997, inthinc has focused its efforts on developing solutions to positively impact driver behavior. At the heart of this unique approach is the groundbreaking safe driving system, which mentors drivers to help them be better, safer and more efficient. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, inthinc's global efforts have proven to dramatically improve driver behavior, reduce crashes, increase fleet productivity, improve fuel mileage and reduce emissions.
Many of the world's most safety-conscious organizations from NASCAR®, to multi-national companies, to families with teen drivers have turned to inthinc.
inthinc, initially known as Independent Witness Inc. (IWI), created its first product called Witness®, a sophisticated crash data recorder designed for the insurance industry to help address the estimated $40 billion loss per year due to fraudulent claims. In 2001, following the tragic death of Dale Earnhardt, NASCAR® mandated crash data recorders and installed the Witness in every race car and truck.
- Independent Witness Inc. (IWI) is established
- Witness crash data recorder is launched for insurance industry market
- NASCAR approaches IWI in the wake of tragic death of Dale Earnhardt
- Witness is installed in every NASCAR race car, resulting in empirical data, which takes car and track safety to a new level
- Global oil and gas companies implement inthinc's telematics and driver safety solutions
- Todd Follmer joins company as new CEO
- Company is rebranded as inthinc
- tiwi technology is installed in NASCAR races as a lap counter
- tiwi for fleets is introduced to market and pilot programs demonstrate success
- inthinc is named one of the fastest growing companies in Utah
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) uses tiwi in landmark study on teen driving safety
- Inc Magazine first recognizes inthinc as one of nation's fastest growing private companies
- Valvoline and inthinc partner to offer Fuel Proof Guarantee
- Heavy Duty Trucking magazine names tiwi/Valvoline Fuel Proof Guarantee as one of its top 20 products or services for 2010
- inthinc expands globally with first European fleet
- Touchscreen technology introduced to in-cab safety solution
- inthinc adds real-time driver scoring, Speed-by-Street™, verbal idling alerts and custom attributes to smartZones™ Geo-Fencing
- inthinc customers rank among safest drivers in the U.S.
- inthinc adds second Canadian facility and South American operations and support center
- Road hazard awareness technology and electronic driver vehicle inspection reports are unveiled
- Inc. Magazine names inthinc one of America's fastest-growing companies for fourth year in a row